We are looking for an intuitive and motivated frontend developer to grow with our Shopify focused studio.
We are a NYC/LA based design and development studio supporting several Shopify/Shopify Plus brands (and a few legacy Wordpress sites). Complete themes, landing pages, customizations, custom apps, problem solving and basic question answering – we do it all. We want to feel like an organic extension of our client's teams.
YOU are a frontend developer with at least 3+ yrs experience. You know your way around Shopify/Wordpress and have a solid understanding of Liquid, HTML, PHP, (S)CSS. JS with Git and CLI experience a big plus. You get excited by problem solving and finding creative solutions and optimizations. You may even stay pretty up-to-date on best practices and coding trends.
The position starts at approximately 20hrs per week and grows from there. The ideal candidate will be available for regular communication on Slack, over Email and/or Asana during EST business hours. Our efforts are collaborative and all projects assigned and time tracked via Asana.
Remote Applicants are welcome to apply (if available during most EST or PST business hours).
No agencies / service providers, please.
• Frontend development experience with a portfolio (HTML, CSS)
• Experience with frontend development and JS frameworks
• Some familiarity Ruby on Rails, PHP.• Shopify, Klaviyo API familiarity
• Orderly project structures and code cleanliness
• An understanding of Git, Branching and best coding practices
• Problem-solving skills: take responsibility for proactively solving problems efficiently, with or without direction
• Work independently and collaboratively on small teams, maintaining a positive attitude
• Follow latest development practices
• Stellar communication skills
As a Member Of The Softlimit Team :
• Work remotely, but are an integral member of a great, collaborative team
• Receive competitive compensation & have opportunity to grow hours into F/T
• After 6 months with Softlimit - receive $250 quarterly Shopify shopping bonus for real world UX research